TIP: Double or triple your pesto recipe to keep on hand. It makes a great sauce to top grilled turkey, steamed veggies or a salad. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days after you make it or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper. Sauté in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Steam or boil asparagus until cooked through but still a little crisp, 5-7 minutes. Chop roughly.
- Cook peas according to package instructions.
- Make pesto: blend all ingredients with a food processor or hand blender. Pesto can be made ahead of time.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Before you drain the pasta, make sure to reserve ½ cup of cooked pasta water.
- As soon as pasta is drained, toss with butter (if using), 1/3 cup pasta water, vegetables and pesto sauce. Add additional pasta water if pasta starts to dry out.
- Serve immediately.