Perfect for Entertaining: The Turkey Charcuterie Board!
Recipe Prepared by Lisa Dawn Bolton
Fall is just weeks away and with that, the holiday season will be here before we know it. We know the season brings parties and gatherings with friends and family, and if you’re hosting, planning the perfect menu doesn’t have to be hard. If you’re looking for the perfect sharable snack to bring to your next get together, why not try a turkey twist on a classic charcuterie board, like this one made by Lisa Dawn Bolton? Many of your favourite cheese board meats, like kielbasa and jerky, can be made with turkey, and they pair wonderfully with mild cheeses.
Turkey Charcuterie Board
*Note: you can adjust the amounts based on how many people you are serving and the size of your board
- 1 Turkey Sausage Ring (cured)
- 8” Turkey Kielbasa Coil
- 20 slices Gypsy Turkey Salami
- 15 slices Roasted Turkey Breast
- 4 Turkey Pepperoni Sticks
- 4 pieces Turkey Jerky
- 1 wedge mild gouda cheese
- 1 small wheel brie
- ½ cup beet hummus
- 1 sleeve plain soda crackers
- 1 large cluster green grapes
- 25 blueberries or seasonal fruit of your choice
- Fresh greens (i.e. parsley) for garnish
- Line a round rimmed cheeseboard with linen or parchment paper.
- Start with the largest items first, the cheese, the dish of hummus and the grapes. For the gouda, use a sharp knife and cut the cheese away from the rind, keeping the rind intact. Dice it up into bite size pieces and then place it back into the rind.
- Turkey Charcuterie: slice the turkey sausage ring and coil into coins and place in various spots on the board; fold the salami and turkey breast in half and half again, creating a “rose” like appearance & tuck it into various spots on the board; slice the jerky and pepperoni into thin strips and angle off the board in a couple different spots.
- Fill in any holes with crackers and garnish with blueberries on a stick and some fresh herbs like fenugreek (or parsley or lime leaves)