Leftover roast turkey meat may also be used in place of deli meat.
- On a large cutting board, place both slices of bread down and spread first the mayonnaise across the bread, followed by the Dijon mustard on top.
- Place the white cheddar cheese in a single layer on one slice of bread, followed by a single layer of sliced apple. Top the apple with the deli meat, then drizzle the honey on top.
- Place the second piece of bread on top of the fillings, then spread the top of the bread with 1 tbsp of softened butter.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove over medium heat and place the sandwich, buttered side down, into the pan. Butter the top of the bread with the remaining butter.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted on the bottom. Flip the sandwich carefully and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is softened and gooey.
- Remove the sandwich to a cutting board, cut it in half and serve immediately.