This dish is delicious served with French fries and a green salad topped with your favorite dressing (I can share mine). Don’t hesitate to ask your butcher to spatchcock your whole turkey; and take the opportunity to chat with him while you’re at it.)
- Preheat BBQ to 400 °F (205 °C).
- Finely chop garlic and parsley.
- In a bowl or mixer, prepare a homogeneous sauce by mixing parsley, olive oil, white wine, ketchup, lemon juice, paprika, garlic powder and garlic.
- Take ¼ of the sauce to brush turkey to give it a touch of spice.
- Use indirect cooking method. Position spatchcocked turkey skin up on grill.
- Brush turkey with remaining sauce every 20 minutes during cooking for maximum flavour.
- Cook turkey for 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the leg reads 170 °F (77 °C ).