TIP: You can use this recipe to create multiple meals to have on hand. Just freeze into family size portions and defrost when you’re ready to eat.
- In a non-stick pan or skillet, sauté onions and olive oil until lightly browned, 6-8 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium - high. Add turkey and sear to brown on all sides.
- Reduce heat and add spices. Add garlic.
- Continue to mix to ensure turkey doesn’t stick and meat breaks up into chunks.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Add broth.
- Add beans.
- Turn to low for 3 hours or high for 1.5.
- If mixture is still watery and you are looking for a creamier texture, remove 1 cup of mixture and use a hand blender to puree. Add back to chili and stir to incorporate.
- Add corn and chard for an additional 15 minutes to cook through.