Prepare the Turkey Breast:
- For an extra moist and flavourful grilled turkey breast, I like to add a dry brine. To do this sprinkle the meat with the 1 tsp of salt. Let it rest in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours.
Making the Blueberry Vinaigrette:
- Using a hand blender or food processor, combine all of the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Grilling the Turkey Breast:
You will need a good instant read thermometer.
- After the turkey has had time to rest in the dry salt brine, preheat your BBQ to 225 – 250 degrees.
- Season the turkey with fresh ground pepper.
- You want to roast the turkey over indirect heat, so add the turkey to a top rack in your barbecue. Let it sit and cook until the internal temperature is 150 degrees.
- Then quickly take the meat off of the grill, turn up the heat in your barbecue to high, keep the lid open, and give the turkey breast a quick sear on both sides. Flipping the breast multiple times, searing it until it has a nice crust…this part should only take 5 minutes. The final internal temperature should measure 165 degrees.
- When the turkey is done, remove from heat and let rest under tin foil for a couple of minutes.
Assembling the Salad:
- While the turkey is grilling, you can begin to assemble the fresh salad ingredients.
- Wash and dry the butter lettuce and fresh blueberries. Slice the peach, red onions and sweet peppers.
- Then assemble everything in a large salad bowl.
Putting it all together:
- When it is time to serve the grilled turkey, cut the turkey into 3/4 inch slices, cut against the grain. Then lay it on your assembled salad.
- Crumble on the goat cheese.
- Drizzle with the blueberry balsamic dressing.
- Serve with fresh bread and enjoy!