TIP: 1. If using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2. Build the spice level to suit your needs. Add more chipotle peppers to add more heat.
- Cut the turkey breast into large cubes. Transfer to a zip top bag, or plastic container with a lid. Place in the fridge until sauce is done.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add onions. Sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add in garlic, chopped chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in mango, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, chili sauce and salt.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer the cooled sauce to a small food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour about 2/3 of the mango chipotle sauce into the zip top bag with the turkey cubes. Make sure all the turkey is covered in the sauce. Allow to marinate for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Thread the turkey cubes onto skewers. If you’re using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them for at least 30 minutes before proceeding.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium heat.
- Grill the turkey skewers for 5 minutes, then flip. Grill for another 5 minutes, then flip again.
- Baste the skewers with the reserved sauce after 10 minutes, flipping once more and basting again.
- Grill until the turkey reaches 165°F, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.