Make 1 ½ cups (375 mL) instant couscous with 1 ¾ cups (425 mL) degreased turkey stock for more flavour.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger root; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add turkey stock, coriander, cumin, turmeric, chili peppers, cinnamon stick, turnips, carrots and parsnips; cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes; add turkey and continue to simmer covered 20 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Remove cinnamon stick and stir in chick peas and raisins. Serve in warm bowls or on a plate of cooked couscous, garnished with cilantro.