TIP: An option is to use six 5” pie shells or 12 tart shells. To reduce the sugar content, use whole frozen cranberries instead of cranberry sauce.
- Pre-bake pastry shell, if desired for 5-7 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Brush mustard on inside of pie shell; mix cheeses together.
- Heat butter over medium heat; sauté onion, celery and almonds for 3-5 minutes.
- Layer one-half of the cheese, vegetables, turkey, cranberry sauce and remaining cheese in pie shell.
- Beat eggs, milk, Dijon mustard and thyme together thoroughly; pour slowly over cheese.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 10 minutes, then lower to 375°F (180°C) and continue cooking 25-30 minutes or until set. Cover edges with foil, if necessary, to prevent excessive browning during the last 10-15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.