TIP: This recipe is a great way to get the kids involved in meal prep and eating. Let them set up the toppings station, add in their own favourites and build their own custom tacos themselves.
- Slice the turkey into 1-inch steaks.
- Combine paprika, garlic powder and cumin to make a rub. Season the turkey with the rub and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the turkey over medium heat for 8-10 minutes per side, until the turkey is cooked through and registers 165°F (74°C) on a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat. (Heat setting and cook time will depend on the power of your BBQ.) Set aside to cool.
- Thinly slice the onion, dice the tomato and slice the avocado.
- To assemble tacos, lay out tortillas.
- Top each with the turkey, a few slices of onion, tomato and avocado.
- Set up toppings in a ‘self-serve’ manner on the side.