TIPS: This braised turkey recipe tastes equally amazing over a bed of mashed potatoes, rice or pasta. Can also be made in a crock pot.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or stewing pan.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper. Sear over medium to high heat until browned on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Add onions and sauté over medium heat until lightly browned. Scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add crushed garlic and stir to incorporate.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes until cooked through.
- Add turkey back to the pan.
- Add wine, herbs and broth.
- Bring to a very low simmer and cook for 1 ½ - 2 hours until meat is falling off the bone.
- Remove from heat, remove any bones and use a fork to shred the meat.
- Prepare polenta according to package directions.
- Pour polenta onto a large platter, pour braised turkey generously over top and serve immediately.