TIP: Serve this hearty, tasty ragu sauce over a bed of spaghetti squash for a healthy alternative to pasta that kids will love!
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Add onions and cook over low-medium heat until translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook until garlic is cooked through and softened and onions begin to brown, an additional 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sausage and stir to break up into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook until turkey and sausage are cooked through, 10 – 12 minutes.
- Raise heat to high. Add wine and Worcestershire sauce and cook until liquid is absorbed, 2-4 minutes.
- Add tomato purée and stir to incorporate.
- Add water, diced tomatoes and lentils.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and bring to a low simmer.
- Add spices and cook for an additional 20 – 25 minutes until lentils are cooked through and mixture has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over your favourite pasta!