- In a large sauce pan, bring turkey stock to a boil, then add quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- After 15-20 minutes, quinoa should be cooked and tender. Turn heat off and cover.
- Toast walnuts in a dry fry pan until golden, about 4 minutes on medium-high. Put aside.
- In a large sauté pan, add butter and oil and heat on medium-high until bubbly.
- Add apples, onion, celery and scallions, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add walnuts, quinoa, sage, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Quinoa stuffing is ready to stuff inside your turkey or can be heated up in a covered casserole at 350ºF (180ºC) for 20 minutes.