Tip: this recipe would be delicious served warm! Grill your veggies for 10 minutes and combine with the warm penne and turkey breast. Toss with pesto, as directed, and serve immediately.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the penne and cook according to package instructions. When the penne has finished cooking, drain well and set aside to cool.
- Preheat your grill to 350 F. Brush the turkey breast all over with 1 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle both sides evenly with ¼ tsp sea salt, ¼ tsp black pepper and garlic powder. Place turkey breast on the grill and cook 7-9 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. During the last minute of cooking, brush both sides of the turkey breast with 1-2 tbsp of pesto, until evenly coated. Remove from the heat and set aside to rest.
- While the turkey is cooking, prepare the veggies. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and cut into 1/2 “ half moons. Dice the red bell pepper and red onion. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Add all of the veggies to a large mixing bowl, along with the cooled penne.
- Whisk the remaining olive oil and pesto together. Add the lemon juice and remaining salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the pasta and veggies, toss well to combine.
- Slice the turkey breast into 1” cubes. Add to the bowl with the pasta salad and gently toss to combine. Let cool in the fridge for 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!