TIP: You can also make this pizza with leftover turkey breast or turkey thigh meat. Just substitute for the turkey sausage and follow the directions as listed.
- Bring your pizza dough to room temperature to make it easier to stretch out.
- While your dough is acclimating, prepare all your ingredients so they are on hand.
- Pre-heat your grill to high.
- Generously flour your work surface.
- Stretch your dough out to your desired thickness. Make sure your pizza bottom does not stick to your work surface and can be easily moved.
- Have a pizza stone or griddle on hand. Generously flour.
- Transfer pizza dough to stone or griddle.
- Build your pizza: spread the pesto over the dough, top with greens, zucchini and sausage.
- Top with mozzarella and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 10 – 20 minutes, until pizza crust is browned, toppings are browned and cheese is melted and bubbly. Note that cooking times will vary depending on the strength of your BBQ and the thickness of the dough.
- Remove the pizza from the BBQ and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.
- Top with red pepper flakes and olive oil (optional).
- Slice and serve.