- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Soak cashews in water.
- Soak onions in warm water- just enough to cover them.
- In aluminum foil, add the sweet potato and season with salt and oil. Wrap tightly and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
While the sweet potato cooks:
- Season the turkey legs with salt and pepper.
- In an oven safe skillet or Dutch oven (with lid) on the stovetop heat the oil on medium high heat.
- Sear the turkey legs for 3 minutes each side.
- Add the stock and thyme, cover and place in the oven. Cook for 35 minutes.
While the turkey legs and sweet potatoes cook:
- In a blender add the cashews, water, garlic, lemon, oil and salt and blend until completely smooth- this will keep up to 4 days in your fridge.
- Once the turkey is cooked, remove from the braising liquid- set the liquid aside and use for soups or sauces later - and remove the meat from the bone.
- Mince the turkey finely and season with harissa spice.
- Drain and rinse onion. Remove the sweet potato from the oven and get ready to plate.
- To serve, slice the sweet potato down the middle and add the turkey pieces, followed by the onion and cashew sauce. Add a little more turkey, and finish with fresh dill.
This recipe makes it easy to think turkey.