NOTE: Don't have a cast iron pan? No problem! Use a grill pan or lay a piece of foil on your grill.
- In a large bowl mix together ground turkey, egg, milk and teriyaki sauce. Once mixed, gently fold in panko. Be careful to use a light touch and not overmix your ingredients.
- Form your patties by taking tennis ball sized scoops of meat, rolling gently between your hands and then flattening to a 1-inch height. Set in the fridge for 30-60 minutes for the flavors to marry and the burger patties to firm up a bit.
- Heat your grill to medium heat. Place a cast iron pan on top of the grill and lightly oil. Close the grill lid to let your cast iron pan heat up. Once the pan is heated, place your burger patties in the pan leaving at least a 1-inch space between each burger. Cook your burger for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and then flip to cook on the other side for an additional 4 minutes. While your burger is cooking, add sliced pineapple to the grill, flipping once the pineapple develops nice caramelized grill marks.
- Add pineapple to the top of your burger and place sliced mozzeralla on top. Remove your burger from the cast iron frying pan and place directly on the grill. Close your BBQ lid for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and the internal temperature of your burger is 165F.
- Let your burger rest for 10 minutes then place it on a toasted bun and top with mayo, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and an extra drizzle of teriyaki sauce. Want an extra crispy flavor explosion? Add a sprinkling of crispy fried onions on top!