If you’re making your stuffing in the oven alongside your turkey, baste with some turkey drippings every 15 minutes to add a big burst of flavour.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. Set aside. This step can be done up to 2 days in advance.
- Toast slivered almonds in a fry pan over low heat until browned. Cool.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 4 minutes. Add garlic.
- Cook until softened and translucent, an additional 2-4 minutes. Let cool.
- Roughly combine wild rice, basmati rice, almonds, cherries and onion-celery mixture.
- Line an oven-proof casserole with parchment paper. Fill with stuffing. Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and toasted.
- If using your stuffing for turkey, loosely stuff your turkey with mixture and roast according to turkey instructions.