TIP: You can make your own zucchini noodles with a store bought spiralizer. If you don’t have one, you can purchase ready made ‘zoodles’ at your local grocery store or you can use a vegetable peeler to make your own thin strips of zucchini. This dish makes a great lunch the next day as it eats well at room temperature.
Cooking the turkey breast:
- Slice the breast into 1 ½ inch steaks. Season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick frying pan or skillet. Sauté the turkey for 4-6 minutes per side until turkey is no longer pink and cooked through. Add lemon juice half way through. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and crushed garlic to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- Raise heat to high. Add zucchini noodles and sauté for 3-4 minutes until tender and slightly browned. Do not overcook. Remove from heat and set aside. Sprinkle with lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Set heat to high. Add cherry tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until tomatoes are slightly browned and begin to split. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the turkey breast on a diagonal. Plate the zucchini noodles and then top with turkey slices and tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.