Tip: Get creative and serve up a mini meatball buffet with these different topping and flavour ideas.
- Sauté onions until softened and translucent, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and cool.
- Add milk to the panko and let sit for 2-3 minutes until soaked in.
- Combine turkey, onion-garlic mixture, panko mixture, eggs, salt, pepper, parsley, cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Do not over mix.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to portion out meatballs. Roll portions between two moistened hands to create a round even shape.
- Bake at 350°F(180°C) for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Brush with marinara sauce to keep the meatballs moist. Serve on a dollop of marinara or on a thin slice of polenta, topped with parmesan and fresh basil.
pickles, cheddar, ketchup
Sweet and Spicy:
honey, mustard, almonds
guacamole, salsa, cilantro
cherry tomatoes, bocconcini, pesto