Tip: These meatballs can be portioned out and frozen for a quick weeknight meal or lunch. Serve over rice, pasta, zucchini noodles or on their own with a hearty salad.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Pour milk into breadcrumbs and let soak until fully absorbed, 2-3 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook onions until translucent and cooked through but not browned, 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a large-size mixing bowl. Do not overwork to keep the meatballs light and fluffy.
- Use a standard size ice cream scoop to evenly portion out meatball mixture into a large size skillet or frying pan. Use the palms of your hands to roll into balls.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Add tomato sauce to meatballs and gently simmer over low heat for 20 – 30 minutes.