TIP: Plan for 1 pound of turkey per person. To plan for leftovers, allocate 1 ½ - 2 pounds per person and have extra turkey for a quick meal on busy weeknights.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and the giblets have been removed.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey with olive oil, inside and out.
- Season with salt and pepper, inside and out.
- Sprinkle dried seasoning generously onto the bird, inside and out.
- Stuff the cavity with lemons, garlic, onions, shallots and fresh herbs. Leave any excess around the bird, in the pan.
- Place the turkey into your roasting pan. Add the turkey broth and wine.
- Roast the turkey for 3 ½ - 4 ½ hours or until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 180°F (82°C) in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving.
: Cooking times are for planning purposes only – always use a digital meat thermometer to determine doneness.