TIP: To save time, make the stuffing up to two days ahead and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and the giblets have been removed.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Prepare your stuffing and set aside.
- Pat the turkey dry, inside and out, with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey with the olive oil, inside and out. Season generously with salt, pepper, and sage, inside and out.
- Stuff the cavity loosely with the stuffing.
- Place the turkey into your roasting pan. Add the turkey broth and wine.
- Roast the turkey for 3 ½-4 ½ hours or until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 180°F (82°C) in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Sauté sausage in a non-stick skillet until cooked through, breaking up into chunks while cooking. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine sausage, bread, onion, dried herbs, cranberries, oats and fresh sage.
- Add broth and mix to distribute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cooking times are for planning purposes only – always use a digital meat thermometer to determine doneness.