Look for cornbread muffins at the grocery store or make your favourite recipe.
Pat the turkey dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and place the turkey breast in the pan skin side down and sear until the skin is golden brown.
- Flip the turkey, sear for three minutes and remove from the pan.
- Add the onion into the pan and cook for 7-10 minutes or until a deep dark brown.
- Add in the garlic and cook for two minutes. Then add in the remaining ingredients (except water) and bring to a boil.
- Put the turkey back into the pan along with 1/2 cup of water.
- Put a lid on the pot and put the turkey in a 350°F oven and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Use 2 forks and shred the turkey meat.
- Discard the bones and mix the meat into the sauce.
- Serve the turkey on mini cornbread muffins.