Tip: these sliders would be delicious cooked on the barbeque! You can even grill the sweet potato rounds. Let everyone assemble their own sliders with their favourite toppings!
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Rinse and scrub the sweet potatoes until they are clean. Slice each sweet potato into 6 rounds, roughly ½“ thick. Lay the slices, evenly spaced, onto a baking sheet and brush with ½ tbsp olive oil. Roast in the oven for 20-23 minutes, or until soft. Once you take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, sprinkle the tops of 6 slices with sesame seeds.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, make the turkey burgers. Add the ground turkey, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper and chili flakes to a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to combine the turkey and spices and form into 6 evenly sized patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle ½ tbsp of olive oil. Place turkey patties into the hot skillet and cook each side for 4-5 minutes. The patties are fully cooked when they reach 165F.
- While the turkey cooks, make the roasted red pepper mayonnaise. Combine the mayonnaise and roasted red peppers in a small bowl, mix well to combine.
- Assemble the sliders: spread about 1 teaspoon of the roasted red pepper mayonnaise onto one sweet potato round. Add the turkey patty, a leaf of lettuce and top with another sweet potato round (topped with sesame seeds). Secure with a toothpick and serve!