TIP: Feel free to experiment with adding extra vegetables, nuts, dried fruits or different grains into the pilaf stuffing.
- Cook 1 ½ cups of the rice according to package instructions. Cook the other half according to package instructions but also add in the saffron and garlic cloves while cooking.
- Cook the wheat berries according to package instructions.
- Once cooked, combine all the rice and the wheat berries.
- Add the carrots and raisins.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and the giblets have been removed.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Pat the bird dry with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey with olive oil, inside and out.
- Combine the spices to make a rub. Sprinkle generously onto the turkey bird, inside and out.
- Make the stuffing.
- Loosely stuff the cavity.
- Place the bird turkey into your roasting pan. Add the turkey broth.
- Roast the turkey for 3 ½ - 4 ½ hours or until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 180°F (82°C) in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 30 minutes before carving.
: Cooking times are for planning purposes only – always use a digital meat thermometer to determine doneness.