If you want to speed up the process, you can use microwaveable wild rice, just ensure you have between 2.5 and 3 cups of cooked rice.
- Cook rice in rice cooker per package directions.
- While rice is cooking, move on to the broccoli. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Salt generously. Meanwhile, cut broccoli into 1-inch florets. Peel the stem, and chop into large chunks. Boil for 2-3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Sauté onions until soft. Add garlic and Dijon to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and whisk until combined. Cook for another 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly. Then, add in the broth. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, and cook until thickened, about 5 -6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Stir in cooked wild rice, turkey and broccoli. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a 9x9 inch baking dish, and top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese has melted.