Reserve the extra tops for making breadcrumbs or a sandwich! Alternatively, you could stretch the recipe to 4 servings, with one patty each.
- In a big bowl, thoroughly mix ground turkey with salt and pepper. Shape into 4 even round patties, and flatten between sheets of parchment paper until 1cm in thickness.
- Heat the olive oil in a med-hot cast iron skillet.
- Working one at a time, sear the burgers in the pan, cooking 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a pan in the oven to keep warm while you cook the remaining 3.
- While patties are cooking, mix the french dressing, mayo, minced pickle, and pickle brine in a bowl.
- To assemble: this will require 4 bottoms of the sesame buns and two tops.
- Layer a sesame bottom with 2 Tbsp of the dressing, 2Tbsp minced onion, 2 lettuce leaves, and one slice of cheese. Layer the hot turkey patty on top.
- Top this with another sesame bun bottom, again topping with the same amount of dressing, onion, and lettuce. Top with another turkey patty, and cover with 4 pickle slices.
- Finish with a sesame bun top! Repeat steps 5-8 for the second burger. Enjoy!