TIP: You can use any leftover turkey you have on hand or you can cook a 3-4 lb turkey breast from scratch. To cook the turkey breast, roast at 350ºF (177ºC) degrees for 30-40 mins until a meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C) in the thickest part of the breast.
- Set oven to broil and place oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Spread the assorted mushrooms onto a non-stick baking pan and roast for 10-15 mins until lightly browned. Remove and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet or saucepan.
- Sauté onions for 4-6 minutes until lightly browned.
- While onions are cooking, add dried porcini mushrooms to water and soak for 15 – 20 mins. Blend with a hand blender until smooth, set aside.
- Add rice to the onions and stir. Cook for 4-6 minutes to gently toast the rice.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Begin to add the stock in ¼ cup increments. Continue to stir slowly. As the rice absorbs liquid and begins to dry up, add additional liquid in ¼ cup increments. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue until rice is al dente, but almost cooked through, 12-15 mins.
- Add porcini mushroom mixture and stir until absorbed, 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Set aside ½ cup of the roasted mushrooms to top the risotto when serving. Add remaining roasted mushrooms, turkey breast and butter. Mix to combine.
- Top with fresh parsley, ½ cup roasted mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.