TIP: Serving suggestion; remove the thighs and vegetables from the pan. Add 1 tbsp butter to the pan juices and reduce until thickened, 8 – 12 minutes. Slice the turkey off the bone and serve with the peppers and onions over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes. Top with the pan sauce and fresh parsley.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in an oven-proof skillet or frying pan.
- Brown turkey thighs on both sides until skin is crispy, 5 – 8 minutes per side.
- Remove turkey from skillet and set aside.
- Turn heat up to high.
- Sauté onions and peppers over high heat for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned in spots.
- Remove from heat.
- Return turkey thighs to the pan.
- Add spices, bay leaves, turkey broth and wine.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 165°F (74°C).
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.