TIP: You can also substitute for the sausage with leftover turkey breast or turkey thigh meat. Feel free to mix up the toppings with any seasonal vegetables you have on hand.
- Bring your pizza dough to room temperature to make it easier to stretch out.
- While your dough is acclimating, slice the veggies and cheese, and break up the sausages into chunks.
- Divide each package of dough into 2-3 pieces.
- Pre-heat your grill to high.
- Generously flour your work surface. Stretch each piece of dough out to your desired thickness.
- Generously flour a pizza stone or griddle. Transfer each individual pizza dough to the stone or griddle (you may have to cook in batches).
- Build your pizzas: sprinkle each pizza with some olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Add some turkey sausage, tomato slices and asparagus. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on the grill for 10–20 minutes, until pizza crust is browned, and cheese is melted and bubbly. Note that cooking times will vary depending on the strength of your BBQ and the thickness of the dough.
- Remove the pizza from the BBQ and let rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve.