If you can’t find turkey scallopini, ask your butcher or grocer for it. Alternatively, purchase boneless, skinless turkey breast and slice it thinly. Pro tip: freeze turkey breast slightly – it will be easier to slice.
- Coconut Peanut Sauce: In a blender, combine peanut butter, coconut milk, warm water, lime juice, chili paste, fish sauce, ginger and garlic; purée until smooth.
- Stir-Fry: In large non-stick skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium- high heat. Add half each of the ginger and garlic and all of the red pepper flakes; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Season turkey with salt, add to skillet and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, until turkey is cooked through. Remove turkey and place in a medium bowl. Add half of the Coconut Peanut Sauce to the turkey and toss until coated. Cover the bowl with a large plate to keep turkey warm.
- Add remaining oil to the same skillet. Add cabbage, sugar snap peas, red pepper, remaining ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes until just tender crisp.
- Divide rice among 4 plates, top each with vegetables and then turkey. Garnish with bean sprouts, if using, peanuts, cilantro and green onion. Drizzle with some of the Coconut Peanut Sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
Note: Refrigerate remaining Coconut Peanut Sauce and use as a salad dressing or a dip for vegetables, turkey satay or fresh spring rolls. Stir in a little hot water if you need to thin it out.
*Using half of the total prepared peanut sauce.