1. You can try this with corn tortillas as well. Instead of folding one large one, you can place the corn tortilla flat in the pan, add your turkey fillings and then place another tortilla on top. 2. This recipe also works great for a wrap style burrito. Add the fillings to a room temperature flour tortilla, add some fresh crunch like shredded lettuce or carrots and roll and fold traditional burrito style.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, turkey, onion and garlic. Sprinkle spices over everything. Sauté the turkey until cook thoroughly.
- Remove turkey mixture from pan, wipe clean and place one tortilla in pan. Add about ¼ of the turkey mixture and cheese to one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with additional add ins at this time (i.e. corn or black beans). Fold over the tortilla to make a half circle.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes on one side or until cheese is melted and tortilla starts to brown. Flip and finish on the other side for about 1-2 minutes. Repeat this process with all the tortillas.
- Let the quesadillas cool for a couple minutes before slicing into triangles and serving with fun accompaniments like guacamole, salsa or sour cream.